Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Bachelorette Did What?!?

So, I don't want to become one of those cliche "Bachelor/Bachelorette" fan bloggers, but one of my favorite bloggers @ http://mormoninmanhattan.blogspot.com/ has not been posting about this Season of Andy/Andi(?). Whatever. Like I said I will not be pigeon-holed or compartmentalized. Just asked anyone who was in my Sphere of Influence in Bluffdale, UT. Yeah, ask anyone and they'll know who Miss Kuhn or Mrs. Andrus is/was. I've been accused of having a "larger than life personality". So, I'll let you know my side of the story in a following rant, I'm sure. But, I chose to not do my ranting in the more PC "blogger world". I was silly enough to "rant" on Facebook of all places. I'm sorry: where else did you want me to rant?!?

I don't Twitter. Really? I verbally vomit enough in person. Do I need of record of how many calories I ate that day? Nope. If I want cute, fast-talkin', loose women, I'll watch "Gilmore Girls". Been there, done that, will do again.

And, nope: Don't own an iPad, iPhone, iWhateverElseThereIsToSpendMoneyOn. Wow! That was painful just trying to "hashtag" that. See why I could never Twitter? So, it's a little (don't get me wrong: I can handle it), but a very tiny, little more difficult to post to FB or my nonexistent Twitter feed.

YouTube? So 90's. Yeah, so before most of the kids that I taught. I was in high school or college or older when some of them were born. It really became this coming of age thing when I realized that I was teaching kids that were born right around 9-11-01. Yeah, I was a Senior at Clear Creek High School in League City, TX. It's now an over 100,000 population place. Town? City? Suburbia-My-City's-Bigger-Than-Your-City. Yup that's the one. Don't want to exaggerate anymore than needed. It is Texan after all. (Hyphenating was much easier than hash-tagging. Btw.)

So, this is all to say that I now have a two year old as of Thursday, July 3rd @ 7:33 p.m. But just if you want to be specific. I don't quite know the exact seconds because I was numb and had just been through my first ever and pretty major surgery, aka C-Section.

All this to say that this 30-year-old, jaded ex-teacher, still accredited Utahn educator, aka Me (Amber Kuhn Andrus) would like to hear someone with a healthy dose of sarcasm to weigh in on The Bachelorette Season. I hear it's going on now.

But at the risk of being seen as passe and cliche, I will now bear my cross.

I watch it on Hulu currently so I'm a week behind everyone else. Don't judge. We don't pay for TV: we're too cheap for that.

Ultimately, I'm rooting for the farmer named Chris.
Just for perspective: I just watched the episode where one of my favorties (Marquel) was sent home. Hugs, tears, and votes for our next Bachelor go out to the Bachelor Nation, as it is known. Really? How much more corny do we want to be? Yes, Chris Harrison is a great host and can laugh at himself. But come on. Obviously, not a Texan. No judgment. Not everyone can be Texan. Or a redhead. Or brilliant. Or terribly humble....


No comments:

Post a Comment